Error when executing CRM v3 report in CRM v4 : Report render failure. Error: The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value

Hi,

Get an apparently difficult error with my CRM 3.0 custom reports used in CRM 4.0. I got this unuseful generic error dialog box when executing my report.
In the event viewer, I got the error message :
Report render failure. Error: The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value

But my dataset seemed correctly coded and everything worked fine using Business Intelligence Studio.

In fact, due to the new report render mechanism in CRM 4.0, the user who executes the report is no more the current user but the application pool system account.

So, what's the problem? In CRM 3.0, you used the following query to retrieve user name:

select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME()


This not work anymore as the user executing the report is not the current user (in my case, was Network service which has no fullname).

The solution is quite simple, see in standard reports how it works. You will find this query:

select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where systemuserid =
dbo.fn_FindUserGuid()

Comments

Anonymous said…
This solved my issue and worked for me. Many Thanks. We were using CRM 3.0, upgraded to 4.0 and all was fine for years, but recently we decided to move the DB to a new server and that's when the issue happened.

Popular posts from this blog

Use feature flags in your plugins

New XrmToolBox plugin : Import/Export NN relationships

Searchable Propery Attribute Updater